Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Book Review: Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

Release Date: September 2nd, 2014
Read: March 23rd-26th, 2015
Publisher: Bloomsbury US Childrens
Series: Throne of Glass, #3
Format: Hardcover, 562 pages
Source: Bought



Description from GoodReads:


   Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy. 

   While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love? 


Review:


We'll stain this kingdom red.
   I had seen the commotion on Twitter about this series before I had actually started reading the series, most of the commotion was the fuss about getting an ARC of Heir of Fire at BEA 2014. With everyone freaking out about it I knew it was time to start the series. Like I said in my Crown of Midnight review, I was not a fan of Throne of Glass but I continued on to reading Crown of Midnight anyway, which I had adored. Hopping onto Indigo.ca I ordered this baby in seconds.
   If it is possible I think I liked Heir of Fire more then I liked Crown of Midnight. In HoF we were introduced to more characters, some of whom told their story and were not just there for a bit of brief background information or to foreshadow further events. Manon immediately became one of my favourite characters with all her wickedness, being an Ironwitch made her even better. Then there was Rowan, oh boy. I hope that ship sails.
   I grew tried of Chaol and Dorian in Heir of Fire, I felt like Chaol had his chance but betrayed Celeana. Aedion even though he was a new character, I grew tired of as well. I couldn't stand him, he creeped me out in a way that I just can't explain.
   The events in Heir of Fire all had a specific meaning and took a large part of the Throne of Glass series, even if you knew it or not. With Heir of Fire you can feel the embers starting to burn and preparing for the explosion that will be the end of the series.
   Throne of Glass made me intrigued, Crown of Midnight made me weep, Heir of Fire made me break, I wonder what Queen of Shadows will do to me?
   Queen of Shadows is expected to be released September 1st, 2015, and I will be spending every minute till then putting my life back together after what Heir of Fire did to me.


Rating:



Favourite Quote:


   "I am going to rattle the stars." ~ Celaena 


Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Young Adult, Fantasy, High Fantasy, Romance, Adventure, Fairies, Magic





No comments:

Post a Comment